If you need to regain focus quickly, practice the square-breathing exercise.
Have you heard of it? It is also known as the 4-part breath exercise or the box breathing exercise.
It has multiple benefits besides the obvious, which is to strengthen the lungs muscles.
It also helps your brain, allowing you to concentrate on the here and now, the present moment. It helps to better-controlling spatiality and also emotions.
So, are you ready to tune in and increase your focus? Let’s practice together.
- Find a comfortable place and sit with your spine straight
- Exhale through the nose, fully
- Inhale also through the nose, and count of 4
- Hold the breath, once again for a count of 4
- Exhale fully, always for a count of 4
- Hold the breath again for a count of 4
Begin again and repeat the whole cycle three times. You can also increase the count to 5, 6 or more if you feel like it.
But always remember to be gentle with yourself. Don’t push too hard.
If you feel dizzy or uncomfortable at any point, stop the exercise, but try it again later or the day after.
So, next time you’ll need to be in the present moment, regain focus and clarity, give it a go and let me know.